Thursday, August 2, 2012

Two Ingredient Ice Cream: Avocado Chip (★ ★ ★ ★ ☆)




You'll either hate me or love me.

Just to clarify, that's this weeks featured treat talking -- not me.  

I guess you can hate or love me.  But that seems a little rash doesn't it?
I mean, you don't even know me!!  Sniff....tear. 

Nope, this week I tried something a little out of the ordinary: Avocado Chip Ice Cream.


Now you understand my comment, huh?  


Honestly, I have never once made something that stirred up such controversy.  
This is recreational baking, right?  Not a debate on whether you should eat at Chick-fil-A or not.

People were legitimately offended. 

For fun I took a casual poll: Avocado Ice Cream?  Yes or No?

And I received every response from:

Um, yes please!

to

I'm writing Obama.  

Guys need to chill.  It's ice cream.  And pretty darn good ice cream at that.  



Put aside the avocado for one sec.  I want you to at least realize how amazing this whole two-ingredient ice cream is.  And if you need to put the avocado from your mind to do it...then please, I'll wait.

You good?

Okay.

This ice cream is so easy, anyone can do it: Heavy Whipping Cream + Sweetened Condensed Milk.  No machine required.  And to top it off, it is totally, completely, 100% customizable.  

Always loved PB&J?  
Have a thing for Dirty Chai Lattes?
Black licorice makes your heart flutter?
Boom.  Make it an ice cream.

Which brings us to the present.  So why avocado?

Basically, I like to try new things.  

I've seen this two ingredient recipe for ice cream floating around the blogosphere for awhile now and it wasn't until I saw this that I decided the time had come.  It seems avocado is the way to my heart.  Who knew, right?

I was a little skeptical about it actually having the consistency of ice cream, but it really does taste like the creamiest, most fattening ice cream you'll ever have.  *A tip: it freezes rock solid.  Leave it out for about 15 minutes before scooping.

As for the the flavor, my sister's bff said it best: "Sweet avocado is [at once] weird/delicious/disgusting/intriguing." Put that on a plaque, people.   

Although, I have to say.  It grows on you.  Pulls you in with just enough titillation, that by the end of 
the week you realized you have scooped your last scoop.  Ninja'd by a fatty fruit.


"Hey! Avocado Ice Cream,...

I misssssssssssss youuuuu!"

---

You've probably noticed the drastic improvement in my photo quality.

All credit goes to my friend Travis.  He's helping me set up a little blog "studio."
In the meantime, you'll be graced with his excellent photos.
Check him out at Travis Howland Photography and info@travishowland.com

Don't get too spoiled. :)

---



What awesome flavor would you dream up?





1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be making this again. This time with a flavor that is a little more "people friendly." I'm thinking something with peanut butter?!!!?!

    ReplyDelete