Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Best" Frosting Ever (★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆)




If you like the taste of sweet butter, then you will love this recipe.  If you don't, then definitely take my advice...this frosting is not for you.  

I am continually searching for delicious to-go baking recipes--especially frostings.  Ones that are fluffy and not too sweet.  I came across this recipe on a blog awhile back and after reading how she and her daughter raved about it, I was sold.  The "Best" Frosting I've Ever Had

The only thing I needed was an opportunity. 



My best friend was at my house...actually, when is she not?...and she mentioned that she wanted to make some cupcakes for her coworker's birthday the next day.  

*Light Bulb* Bing!  
I knew just the thing!

I used a chocolate box mix because this wasn't about a cupcake to me.  What I needed was a base to try my frosting on. 

I was pretty excited.  I don't know why, but I just "knew" this was going to be the frosting that rocked my world...haunted my dreams.

Classic "Pic of the Bestie lingering at the cupcakes" Shot

At first, the frosting was good.  Definitely not too sweet.  But by the time I had frosted all of the cupcakes and had my obligatory 4-6 "safety check" tastes, I felt like I had eaten a whole stick of butter.

The frosting wasn't all that fluffy and was even slightly grainy.  It reminded me of the sugar-butter mixture you make before you add the flour to cookie dough.

I thought that maybe it was just a frosting overload.  I mean, after six spoonfuls of anything that fattening it's only natural that something would start to taste a little off.  But even the next day when I had it on a cupcake all I could taste was butter.



I wouldn't consider this a total flop.  The cupcakes turned out really cute.  We rolled the edges in colored sprinkles.  But butter flavored frosting isn't really what I had been so longing to find.  Needless, to say I was a bit disappointed.

I have yet to find the "best" frosting, but I know it's out there.  I have faith.

---

                                                          Dear Frosting,
                                                       
                                                          I am here waiting for you when you are ready.
                                                       
                                                          Patiently yours,

                                                                Natalie 

---

No comments:

Post a Comment